Our Mission

Respect others, enjoy our journey together, find the good in each book selection, enjoy and enhance our fellowship while we sharpen our intellects.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Musings on Sunday - the 1st HBC blog entry!

Good morning - post Thanksgiving Sunday. Back to work tomorrow.

I finished "The Moviegoer" by Walker Percy; it's the current book club selection, and so am ready for the meeting this Thursday at Drew's Gastronomic Emporium.

Also finished John Le Carré's "A Most Wanted Man," and am now reading "Bangkok 8" thanks to Drew who gave me his copy.

Cheeers!

5 comments:

  1. Excellent! Thanks for setting this up, Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday, Decmber 4, 2009 in Houston saw snow fall and the city shut down. I left work at 1 PM and enjoyed seeing everything so clean looking with its blanket of the light fluffy stuff.

    I stayed in bed reading "Bangkok 8" by John Burdett, while sipping organge Tazo tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brr! Going to breakfast at Sweet Tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to tell me how you liked Bankok 8, I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drew: I'm just loving it! I did not realize how addicted I was to MSNBC. Reading "Bangkok 8" is a great treat. I'm about 40 pages shy of finishing it. Then, I'll start the current selection "Rain Gods" that I'm very excited about.

    ReplyDelete